Monday, May 3, 2010

Ponderings

Do you ever have those days when your mind just seems to wander and question everything? The other day I was driving in the van and I was making a mental list of questions, things that make me laugh and things that make me sad. So here are the ponderings of a mom having a blah/nostalgic/introspective day. Questions: Why do young children suffer with cancer? When I get to the end of this short life, will I really know for sure that I have invested, and not just spent, my life on what really mattered the most? Why does a bike for Sandy cost less than a pair of shoes for Griffin? Why does Sarah getting more beautiful make me feel so much older? Things that make me sad: When I drive by the park and remember all those fun days when going there was the most important thing on my list; hearing moms talk unkindly to their children; seeing Andrew sob for the children of Haiti and other orphans of the world; knowing that time is running out for loved ones who do not know Christ; ways I have let my family down; knowing I will never, ever get caught up on all the scrapbooks for the children. Things that make me laugh and smile: Hearing Sandy correctly use words like vibrate, pitch black, "a pinch of"; chatting on facebook with my nephew at 1AM; knowing by name all the kids in the church nursery and giving each a big hug; singing to Annie so she will smile and open her mouth so I can feed her; seeing my children look out for each other; listening to Griffin as he very seriously says "If I don't get drafted by the NFL or the NBA, then I think I want to be either a writer or an inventer!"

I'm thankful that each day is a new day and His mercies are new every morning. I can live by His grace and for His glory with His transforming power. I guess those are wonders to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment