Thursday, July 15, 2010

Perfect Peace

I think peace is one of those things that the more we try to get it or manipulate it for ourselves, the more elusive it is. I have been learning that the more I try to control situations and circumstances, the less I see God at work. Yet, when I slow down and give God a chance to intervene, I see how faithful and in control He really is. More than that, I get to see how much He cares for me and that truly is an amazing thing. Case in point: a closing gets postponed and we receive an unexpected refund in the mail, the same day. Another case in point: the shower has been dripping forever but I waited to call a plumber (no closing, no plumber!) Someone comes and actually does the work for free. It's not that I expect God to bail me out of all my difficulties, but if I don't rush to fix everything myself, I give Him room to show me what only He can do. I love Isaiah 26:3 "The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in Thee." I can't go get an order of perfect peace, but as I remain steady in my faith and belief of God, my Savior and Redeemer, I will receive His peace. I am encouraged to slow down, love God with all my being and wait to see Him work not only for me but in me and through me. Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment: